Advantages and benefits of selecting the Die Casting over Sand Casting (Sand Molded Casting) process are given as under.
- For die casting process require less floor space in comparison to the sand casting process.
- Die-cast helps in providing precision dimensional control with a subsequent reduction in machining cost.
- Die casting provides a greater improved surface finish compared to sand casting.
- Thin sections of complex shapes can be produced efficiently using the die casting process.
- The more true shape can be created with close tolerance in die casting.
- Casting shapes produced by die casting are usually very less defective.
- Using die-casting process parts can be produced very quickly.
- It produces more sound casting than sand casting.
- Its rate of production is high as 800 casting/hour.