Some general safety precautions that are to be taken care in carpentry shop while working with carpentry tools to avoid injuries and accidents are covered in this article.
- Before starting any wood working machine in carpentry shop, it should be ensured that all the safety guards are in proper places and secured well.
- While working on a circular saw, one should not stand in a line with the plane of the rotating blade and always keep your fingers away from the reach of blade.
- While working on wood lathe machine, the job should be properly held.
- The wooden pieces should not be fed to the sewing machines faster than the cutting speed of the machine.
- One should not use defective or damaged carpentry tools and machines while carrying out work in carpentry shop.
- No carpentry tools should be thrown for saving time in handling.
- Nails, screws should be properly kept in a box for proper house keeping.
- Sufficient safety precautions need to be taken for preventing fire accidents in the carpentry shop.
Why should we protect our selves?
As a safety measure to avoid injuries, accidents, and loss of life.