The Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD) is a premier Institute in India to provide specialized summer and winter vocational training courses in Tool Engineering, CAD/CAM, Automation, VLSI and Micro Controllers. CITD was established in the year 1968 by the Government of India with the assistance of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and International Labour Organization (ILO) as an executing agency. The Institute conducts summer and winter training programmes right from Diploma to Post Graduation level.
The Institute conducts International training programmes in CAD/CAM, Tooling and Automation areas. In addition to the training programmes, the Institute also undertakes Design and manufacture of Toolings/Precision Components, Assemblies and Automation Systems. The tool room is equipped with sophisticated machines such as CNC 5-Axis and 4-Axis Vertical machining centres from Bridgeport, USA, Hardinge CNC Lathe, CNC Charmilles Roboform EDM, CNC AGIE Wirecut EDM machine, Kellenberger CNC Cylindrical Grinding etc., supported by a Metrology Laboratory with CNC CMM with Reverse Engineering Facility and a calibration centre to maintain Quality standards.
CITD organizes the following courses during winter and summer term holidays for one week and one month.
One week courses Includes:
- AutoCAD (2D and 3D Modelling),
- CNC Programming (Milling and Turning)
One Month Courses Includes:
- Pro -E/ Creo (Modelling, Assembly and Drafting),
- Catia (Modelling, assembly and Drafting),
- Solidworks (Modeling, assembly and Drafting),
- Ansys (Structural and Thermal Analysis),
- Hypermesh (Shell Mesh and Solid Mesh),
- Unigraphics (Modeling, Assembly and Drafting),
- Delcam (Design and Milling),
- Mastercam (Design, Turning and Milling),
- VHDL and
- Micro controller.
Duration, Fee per participant for the above mentioned courses during summer and winter vacation are shown in the below table.
Eligibility for Winter/Summer Vacation Courses:
Students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) or Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) or Diploma in Mechanical / Production / Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation / Automobile / Aeronautical / Civil Engineering.
Note Regarding Vocational Courses:
- The above summer vacation courses will be commenced on every Wednesday from April to July
- The above winter vacation courses will be commenced on every Wednesday from December to January.
- For 3rd and 4th year students Mini Projects and Inplant Training will be provided to all the Participants.
- For SC/ST candidate’s fee wavier will be provided as per Govt. of India norms.
- Limited hostel facility is provided for students on chargeable basis.
- For admissions, students should come along with ‘college Bonafide Certificate, College ID, Photo ID card issued by Government of India’ and recent passport size photographs.
Location of Vacational Courses:
Main branch: Balanagar, Hyderabad, India.
Sub-Centre: 54-2-9, Phase III, Autonagar, Vijayawada, India.
Sub – Centre Vishakhapatnam: Govt. ITI College Campus, Kancharalapalam, Visakhapatnam, India.
Extension Centre Chennai: MSME-DI Campus, 65/1 GST Road, Guindy, Chennai, India.
Contact Details of CITD:
Ph.No. 040-23772749, 23776178, 23772747,