The purpose of having brake system is used in automobiles to slow down or stop the vehicle by converting its kinetic energy into heat energy.
Classification of Brake system:
1. On the basis of mode of actuation:
- Foot brake (also called the main brake) operated by foot pedal.
- Handbrake – it is also called parking brake operated by hand.
2. On the basis of mode of operation
- Air brakes
- Electric brakes
- Hydraulic brakes
- Mechanical brakes
- Vacuum brakes
3. On the Basis of Action on Front or Rear Wheels
- Front-wheel brakes
- Rear-wheel brakes
4. On the Basis of Method of Application of Braking Contact
- Externally – contracting brakes
- Internally – expanding brakes
this is good. I have a lot of doubt in automobiles.